I still have pictures from last year so you will just have to suffer through some more old stuff. Just before Christmas we got a big snow storm, I know, nothing new, you heard all of us whining a while ago about it, but the whining means nothing unless it is backed up with some pictures to prove our whining has any merit. I know, you still don't care about the whining but here are some snow pictures anyway.
This is our poor tree we planted. we had just decorated it with red and white lights (embarrassing enough) then it goes and snows on it. Poor tree, it has survived so far.
Our candy canes stand about a foot and a half tall. I thought it was funny how the snow kept piling up on top.
Lonna works the snow thrower like a pro. She had to take a couple of swipes at it but finally it was all cleared. Meanwhile her lazy husband was at work. They will cancel school with this much snow but not work. So unfair.
Since I had to go to work (I know, more whining) Alyssa assumed the role of photographer for me. I told her to get some cool snow pictures, I count this as cool.
This was a good indicator of how mach snow we got.
After she got it cleared it still kept coming down. I was sitting in a warm office on my butt, probably hoping they would call overhead that work was cancelled.
Kelsie had a concert over in Salem. I always hate trying to take pictures in an auditorium when I am sitting 20 rows back. A flash never works and I seem to end up with crappy out of focus pictures. And it doesn't help when Big Foot sits down right in front of you so you have to lean to the side, then he leans over the same way so you have to lean the other way, and then he leans that way also. So this is as good as it gets, until I finally learn how to take better pictures.
I don't know if anyone knows this but last month Lindsea got married. You heard that? Cool, well here is my story of the event. Remember, I write these things at 2 am. We were recruited to set up the church for the event. Alyssa oversaw the cupcake display. There was a little bit of stress when they discovered that there was 4 square boxes and 3 round boxes of different heights so the whole symmetry was off. Word to the wise, don't try to be a smarty pants and give ridiculous ideas at a time like this. Just saying.
It's Mickey and Minnie. Like I need to tell you guys that.
Artsy picture #1... possibly 2 or 3, not sure, either way this is one of the few that I liked enough to post. Yes, I know it's a flower and I am not a flower kind of guy but they make OK pictures, especially when they are shoved in cupcakes.
Kelsie drew the short straw and had to vacuum the entire church. Actually it was just the gym but the church looked like it could use it so we tried to see how much we could get out of her.
I thought it looked cool. It's kinda artsy.
What party could be complete without balloons? I wanted to tie them to a little kid to see if we could get them to float. Yes, I really liked Up. Russell is my hero.
Artsy but not so cool, just red. I don't really know what I was going for here. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the next picture.
Kelli was worried that as photographer I was not going to be in any pictures, she didn't think that was right. Not sure if this is what she had in mind. Good thing all the big boogers are gone. Once more, my apologies.
Dale, always eager to aid in the sugar consumption of other peoples kids.
Cafe Rio catered the event. That means Cafe Rio delivered the food and warming trays and left the rest up to a bunch of us amateurs to try to figure out how to set it up. Still surprised we didn't burn down the church. I did burn my finger though, you want to hug me now don't you?
The happy couple.
One of the few times we are all together to get a picture, and Kelli is blinking. I really need to screen these closer before I post them.
This one turned out OK.
Of course this shows more of our true nature.
That's the family I know.
2 comments:
Very nice Rob, you should definitely be a wedding photographer. I really liked your self-portrait! And hey, could you send Lonna and the snow thrower my way? We could use a little help!
I sure love that family in the group picture even if they are a little strange. Thanks for the pictures.
Post a Comment