I thought you might be getting tired of all the golf pictures so I decided to add to my portfolio in hopes that one day I may be famous. Alyssa is graduating this year from Spanish Fork High School so that means we get to run around the valley taking pictures for announcements and to add to her face book account. She assures me that this is what the cool kids do. I always enjoy these photo shoots because I get to hone my skills and I get to see how many funny poses and faces I can get out of my subjects.
But instead of telling you about the different places we went I will catch you up on how the girls have done in golf and other various activities. When we last left off we were in the middle of a super golf marathon of 3 tournaments in a row. The next week would take them on another 9 hole outing this time down to skyline golf course. Yeah, I don't know where it is either, somewhere down south. Anyway as we, Lonna and I, were awaiting news of how the girls did we suddenly got a strange feeling that one of our children's lives was in danger. We found out it was Kelsie because she was dangerously close to beating her older sister at the tournament.
Alyssa has had a goal of breaking into the 30's this year and she did it at this tournament, she scored a 32. Way to go Alyssa. Kelsie, however also had a goal this year to play in one varsity match. She did play in that varsity match earlier in the season. This time she played JV and she scored a 32 thus prompting her to hold on to the door knob of the clubhouse ready to run for her dear life if she had perhaps scored higher than said older sister.
Last week was the region finals for the girls, it was thankfully held at Spanish Oaks so we didn't have to travel very far and thank heaven for motorized carts to take us around the course, the back nine is a little hilly. The team won the region by almost 100 points (they keep a running total) and we took some pictures of the girls with the trophy but you will probably see them later when I remember to put them on the blog and feel like you are ready to view such awesomeness. But that's not all, we found out this week that Alyssa was awarded Academic All-American in Golf. You can see for yourself right here. http://www.uhsaa.org/AcAllstate/2011-12/GgolfAA.pdf I don't really know what this gets you but it seems really cool.
Let's not leave Kelsie out, we just found out she was chosen by the Kiwanis Club for the "Hope of America" ... thingy. It comes with an award ceremony and a cash award. Alyssa was also chosen as "Outstanding Senior Student" by the Kiwanis Club. She was honored at a dinner and awards ceremony. That's enough bragging for now, but only because I can't think of the other things I was going to brag about.
Enjoying the pictures so far? I'll tell you where they were taken. The first 3 were taken on Payson's old main street. We walked around until we felt a good, no, semi OK vibe and started to take a few pictures. The next 2 were taken in American Fork at an amphitheater just to the west of the temple. We got a slightly better vibe here with all of the rock around us.

This one and the next were taken just off of American Fork main street. At one point I was laying on the ground to try and get a good angle, because in my mind this is what a professional would do, but all I could get is pictures of her laughing at me and Lonna taking pictures of me with her cell phone. She will undoubtedly use these against me at some point.

These 2 were my favorite of the day.
The next week we drove up to Salt Lake to look for this wall with a giant graffiti gorilla on it because we wanted a graffiti background and gorillas sounded cool. We drove all over downtown but never did find it. We did find the Gallivan center and some graffiti around exchange place that worked really good for what we wanted but you can't see those until you get your announcement... they are in the mail. But in the meantime enjoy this artsy fartsy picture of Alyssa behind the fountain at the Gallivan Center.
This one and the next were taken just off of American Fork main street. At one point I was laying on the ground to try and get a good angle, because in my mind this is what a professional would do, but all I could get is pictures of her laughing at me and Lonna taking pictures of me with her cell phone. She will undoubtedly use these against me at some point.
These 2 were my favorite of the day.
4 comments:
To my dearest younger brother Rob....
Are you REALLY going to let that beautiful girl go out into the world!!!!!
Oh and Kelsie....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! My boys want to golf with you....well both of you but Alissa is leaving us...:( congrats to you both!
Congrats to two wonderful girls on your accomplishments. So proud of both of you.
Rob! Amazing pictures! What more can I say!? And, I am extremely impressed with your girls! Congrats!
Post a Comment