Things are starting to happen again. You remember how I whined about how there's that stretch of time when nothing happens so there is nothing fun to blog about? The weather is starting to warm up and school is almost out and life kicks back into gear. We were able to find a time to go to the latest play at the Hale Center Theater, the play was "As you like it" by a little known author, William Shakespeare. I think he wrote some other stuff too. The play was good. Other people told me that it was OK but I don't think they had a 5 year old boy telling the main character that he should have talked to the girl of his dreams. This tripped the actor up just a bit but when the audience laughed for 5 minutes he was able to recompose himself.

The junior high had their yearly awards night the other day and Alyssa was one of the chosen kids to get an award. They send an invitation to the parents but fail to let you know what the award is so you get to go and be surprised. Alyssa received an award form her Geography teacher Mr. LeMmon. I know its because she consistently got over 100% each quarter but she assures me its because the other kids in her class couldn't find the United States on a map of the United States. By the way, if you are one of those kids or a parent of one, we are of course only kidding. Alyssa missed out on the straight A award because of, and I quote, "that evil, evil hateful math teacher just hates me" or something like that. She was only about 0.5% away from an A and he still wouldn't give it to her. Evil, evil man. Of course the same disclaimer as above applies here.

For Mother's day the kids and I got Lonna a fire pit and chairs for our patio. She's been wanting one for a while now and this was a good a time as any. Alyssa put it together while I distracted Lonna at the store. If I put it together it would probably still be in the box or falling apart already, but as you can see Alyssa did a great job.

That night we lit the first of many fires, sadly most of those fires were that same night until we got the thing to stat lit. It seems like when I am home we are out on the patio about every other night roasting hot dogs for dinner and then making s'mores.

You have to make the marshmallow just right for the perfect s'more. I like mine well browned.

Actually I like them when they catch fire the best. More black than brown I guess.

Now you are jealous huh? Kelsie likes the old way of making s'mores, Lonna has converted the rest of us to the easier way of s'more building, this allows me to eat Kelsie's chocolate bars when she isn't looking.
4 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! My kids enjoy stuffing a piece of chocolate inside a marshmallow and then roasting it. Those tend to land in the fire pit more than the traditional marshmallow roasting, but it's all part of the experience right?
Congrats, Alyssa. Real proud of you. I like knowing where places are in the world. Especially when I'm reading a book, I have to look up where it takes place. Those smores look good.
We will be over for smores when we are out there. Alyssa, Kati understands the evil math teacher, she did the same to Kati. (ok not the same teacher but you know what I mean)
Yummy! My mouth is watering over those s'mores. I love them. Looks like a wonderful gift to me. Have fun with it.
Post a Comment