I know, I know it's been a while since I have given you an update. We are still in that time frame where nothing exciting is going on and I'm sure you would get bored of hearing that all I have been doing is working, sleeping and taking Alyssa to school in the morning, not really newsworthy. So you might be asking why I am bothering to update if that is all that is going on. Well it turns out that the yearly Nurse of Excellence awards came around again. This is given to those nurses that are nominated by their peers because they have done something really "Excellent" during the past year or the past couple of years and all the other nurses want to make the fat bald guy stand up in front of a bunch of people while they tell stories about them. Oh great I just gave away the ending. O.K. I was one of ten nurses picked this year out of I think fifty nominations that were chosen from the south region to receive the award.

I have this cool certificate that I can put in a scrap book or frame and put on the wall at home. They made all of us come in and get a picture taken so they could project it on the wall nice and big for all to see while they told the stories about you (at least mine got some good laughs). I'm scary enough as it is, imagine this projected on a wall.

They also took the picture and put it on a plaque for me to enjoy at home for a few days and then take into the floor so they can put it up on the wall to show others that bald guys are not always mean. We have a tender spot too. Especially for confused old ladies that offer $50 to leave them alone.

I'm even smiling. Three of the ten were picked to go to Salt Lake to have dinner with the big cheese nurse but I wasn't picked, that honor went to a rehab nurse that made dinner for a Korean missionary that wasn't doing very good in the hospital and even convinced the family to come over from Korea to be with him for a few days. How could you not pick her? This should explain the latest post on my Facebook page, I did have prime rib (not red enough) and Lonna had the chicken and tells me that it was very good, not dry.
6 comments:
I'm real proud of you, it does a Mother good to see her kids succeed. I like your picture.
Way to go! So what was the great thing you did besides being the best nurse there?
Wow what an honor. I love your picture. I think I might blow your picture up and put it on my wall as well. You are so handsome.
Congratulations Rob! You are my favorite nurse by far!!
congrats!!!! You totally deserve it!
I agree w/ Traci- You deserved to get this! :)
Post a Comment