Monday, September 7, 2009

School, Soccer and a new Super Duper Never Rings Phone!

Since the epic Alaskan tale took so long I feel like all the things that have happened since then are piling up inside my brain begging to be released before they grow too old. Let's see, what stuff has happened since we got back? School has started again so it's time to pull the kids out by the fence for the traditional first day of school pictures. Yep, she is almost as tall as the fence. Holy cow! I have a high schooler! And she's going to be driving soon! Alone!!!!
Not so much for Kelsie but she is slowly getting up there. The best thing about this year is it's the first year that both girls go to school at the same time. Now I can go to sleep earlier after I get off work. Maybe I can even get Alyssa to drive Kelsie to school, then I can go to sleep even earlier. This get better, and scarier, the more I think about it.
Alyssa would probably tell you that the best thing to happen since we got back, so far, is that our phones were eligible for an upgrade. Alyssa's phone had all but completely died after being baptized in the toilet. She told me that talking to someone was like listening under water. One cool thing I found is that it takes a panorama picture. It does five frames and puts them all together for you. This is so worth the cost of the phone. (Sorry, didn't mean to let my "geek" show too much there)
You can also just do a two frame shot so it looks a little bigger. I was sure to also buy the super deluxe "never rings" feature that I have been so used to these past few years.
As you might be able to tell from the pictures it is that special time of year again. Girls soccer season! Kelsie is still playing and still enjoys it.
She's been playing the forward position most of the time. Here she is showing her dominance while dribbling towards the goal. Last game she scored the first and third goals in the 4-0 routing.
Look! I caught her in mid air.
Occasionally she will play a defensive position. I think the coach does this to intimidate the opposing team. Just imagine trying to score a goal and coming up against her? I too would cower in fear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Kelsie, good going.

Grammy Rae said...

How much fun. New phones and soccer. Good luck through the season.

sherry said...

What fun girls.....Have a super year!