Since it has been about 2 weeks I decided that I had better update the blog, again. What do you do when there has been nothing groundshakingly new in your life? That's when you make stuff up. Or you go through your pictures that didn't make the first cut and pass them off as new stuff. I'm writing this at 2 in the morning so we will just have to see how much make-believe I end up weaving into the story.
The moving wall came to town a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why it didn't make the cut but here it is now. They set it up at the cemetery. Apparently it is about 1/2 the size and made of metal panels so it can be disassembled. Hence the "moving" in the name. Just can't do that with marble.
I tried to do some artsy pictures. This is one of them. You be the judge. Looking at the corner, on the right side is 1959. on the left is 1975.
If you go to the tent and ask nicely you can get a crayon to do a rubbing. They discourage pencils and pens because it tends to leave marks and might rub off the stickers. If you spend too much time on one rubbing you might melt your crayon, metal painted black tends to get kinda warm when the sun beats on it all day.
I could never get a picture without someone in it. I guess it is kinda neat, a dad holding his son so he can get a picture. The other one I have has some kid with his belly hanging out...you're welcome.
Kelsie finished up her soccer season. I think she had fun playing this year despite the 8+ times she was "sent to the turf" by the other players. She ended up with 5 goals for the year. This is one of her goal attempts, it was just barely wide to the right. I blame the wind.
This is the look you get when you call her name to get her picture while she is playing. All business with that look of annoyance. Maybe it's that "Oh great, my dad is calling my name, what brilliant bit of advise could he have for me now?"
This game was played against her cousin Taylor (some of you probably know her) This is the kind of look you get from Taylor when you call her name for a picture. Oddly enough her mom will give you the same look when you take her picture also. She is smiling right? This is a smile? Could be the sun in her eyes. Or maybe she is thinking "My cool uncle is calling my name, perhaps he is wanting to take my picture? I should smile." Nope, I don't buy that either.
So, dad called one day for some family pictures. I have been wanting to take some professional looking pictures up the canyon like everyone else does but since I couldn't hire a professional I loaded up the camera and the tripod and told the fam. to dress somewhat decent but jeans were just fine. And try not to be too matchy-matchy and don't wear something tacky like a ratty t-shirt and cut-off shorts, I'm saving that wardrobe for another time. Oh yeah, and I was wearing green. I was surprised by how we still got out of the house relatively quickly. These are just a few of the successful pictures of the trip. The girls had fun posing. I contemplated a family picture but I think I will save them in case nothing happens in the next 2 weeks. Or Christmas cards, we'll see.
Glamour poses, just in case there are any talent scouts reading the blog. Are there any talent scouts reading the blog?
Probably one of my favorites. Kelsie wanted a nice pose, Alyssa had other ideas.
Hope those fingers aren't loaded.
2 comments:
Glamour shots with Halloween music. A nice combo :)
The pictures are awesome! Want to come do glamour shots of my kids too? I can't wait to see the rest of them.
Post a Comment