Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another update in a week?

This will be a blog for Kelsie. That means I have gotten so far behind that I have to group everything that each kid has done and give them their own week. Kelsie has been busy lately with the production of Aida. She wanted to try her hand at showbiz. Kinda funny for someone who hates to get up in front of a group of people. So what do you do in showbiz without having to get up in front of an audience? You become the tech crew manager. For those of you who have never seen Aida or know nothing of the play, I doubt I am about to ruin anything for you. For those of you who have seen it, and are familiar with my blog, all I can say is my version should come as no big surprise. The girl on the right is Aida, some kind of princess. The dude with the pretty eyes is...umm...Rod or Rad or something like that. He captured her and then fell in love. Rod is betrothed to this chick, she's the Pharaohs daughter. She sings a lot (and is really good too) and likes fancy clothes and handmaidens. She gets to be friends with Aida because Rod gave Aida to her. I'm not sure why, sometimes guys do stupid things. Every once in a while someone comes along and sweeps the desert because the Pharaoh's daughter and her handmaidens get fake feathers all over the place. We call this person the tech crew manager. I call her Kelsie. After the desert is pretty again, Rod and the daughter almost get married. The Pharaoh coughed a lot and almost blew out my ear drums. This is Rod's dad, he is poisoning the Pharaoh so his son can be the new Pharaoh. When he came out the play seemed to take on a Star Wars vibe for me and all I could see was Darth Vader holding a staff with a giant eye on it. Then it was over and the sweeper girls were out again. And started to take the desert away. Then we got kicked out by the tech crew manager. She has a busy job. Then we went golfing. Alyssa wanted to walk the front nine at Spanish Oaks and Kelsie wanted to go but I was pretty sure she didn't want to carry a bag also so I gave her my camera (yes, the one I was fighting with earlier) and told her to go crazy, she did. This is a small portion of her golfing adventure.Too bad she had to take pictures of that fat guy. First hole, down the middle. She out drove me. I am so ashamed of myself. Great action shots Kels. And this is a head on shot and not one of our butts. Then she got a little bored. This is kinda artsy fartsy so I liked it. Still a little bored but artsy again. Broken tees? Awesome! This was a little staged but a ball sitting on a tee is always a crowd pleaser. This is the down side of walking a course in Utah County, no caddies.Shhh! He's putting. Just pretend it's still moving right to the hole. Bored again. Very important to stay hydrated. Fun fact: If you walk nine holes and carry a bag you can burn off over 1000 calories. Really bored now. Not even all that artsy. Cool shot because it brings in that element of danger. What if I totally miss hit and drive it right at her? Good thing my driver was behaving today. What a horrible follow through. Alyssa has a great swing though. You should see it some time. Now that's a follow through.

For some reason my ball liked to go to the beach. Maybe it was trying to tell me something.

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

I'm glad to see someone getting into theater. I would have loved to see the play. Great photography, Kelsie.

Jenni said...

Shorts! I thought I was the only one wearing shorts. Come down here and golf with the cactus!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of family fun.

Kelli said...

I've missed you Rob! I'm glad you updated again! I remember some really fun trips golfing with you!