Friday, April 29, 2011

More incoherent rambling from Rob

There are a couple of things I need to clear up first. As I was doing the last blog Kelsie was playing a soccer game. I was actually at work supervising so that means I was safely tucked away in an office away from patients and not at home being a deadbeat dirt bag dad who doesn't go to his kids games. Just felt like I needed to make that clear. Anyway, where was I... oh yeah, Kelsie was playing in this game and apparently just after the kickoff Kelsie took the ball down to the end of the field and scored the first goal. I may have downplayed that a little bit, I'm sure Kelsie probably took the ball and went about dribbling it around each of the opposing players just to make sure they knew who they were dealing with before taking the ball to the goal and executing a perfect bicycle kick into the top left corner, I'm pretty sure the goalie started to cry. Kelsie was also the star of the game since she scored all of the teams goals, It's just a shame that they lost 5-1. So far Alyssa has not punished me for the last picture from the last post. If you haven't seen it you should go now and look at it. I fear retribution may be coming though. So now I am once again posting a blog while at work supervising at 2 am. Wait, did I just say 2am? That when Prince Billy marries that Kate Whatsherface isn't it? Oh well, maybe the Queen mum will trip and fall and I'll be able to see it on the reruns. Either way we should be happy that I am blogging in the morning, hopefully this one will be funny...ish.
I guess I should also tell you before I forget to mention it and get in trouble again, Kelsie played again on Wednesday. This time she played goalie and blocked everything that was kicked at her. I'm sure that means they won, something - 0, I didn't get the final score.
You may be wondering why the narrative has nothing to do with the pictures, me too. I was commissioned to do another photo session. I of course charged my usual fee but this time I also recruited the help of Kelsie and Taylor as official stand-ins/shiny reflective windshield protector thingy holders/umbrella holders so the talent/photographer doesn't get wet technicians. Devin and Mike were also umbrella holders and also did a very fine job. Alyssa was recruited as my post-editor/make Dad's pictures look better associate. If this keeps up I may have to actually think of an official name, something like "Rolyssa photography" or "Alybert Studios" or maybe "That balding fat guy who is related to us and sometimes takes a decent picture inc.".
Of course these are just some of the test shots and goof off pictures. You will just have to wait to see the finished product.
See, shiny reflective windshield thingies, and umbrellas. I guess I should tell you what I was taking pictures of. Kenzi wanted to take some pictures with this boy she knows. I guess they like each other because I had a difficult time taking pictures of them not kissing. You would think they were getting married or something.
It was one of those days where the clouds were threatening rain all day but held off until we were almost finished. Something that most of you refer to as a "crappy miserable day", I like to refer to them as "finally a day without that big glowy thing trying to burn the top of my head".
Mama bear was also a shiny thingy holder, that is when it wasn't raining. She doesn't like cold rainy days, especially when she has to be outside in them.
Easter! Since we were home for Easter this year we colored eggs. These are mine. The top right is a self portrait. The bottom was done with a few rubber bands, Alyssa gave me the idea. I also seem to like Rush and Van Halen even if they haven't produced anything decent since OU812.
These are Kelsie's eggs. I sometimes wonder why she wants to color eggs, she doesn't even really like eggs. The top left is her portrait of me, I think there was a theme this year. The top right is supposed to say "Mercy River Rocks" they are a group of ladies that sing recycled church songs, one of them is in our stake I think.
Here's Alyssa's eggs. Peace and Love in the top right corner, weird dots top left, something on the yellow one, possibly another portrait, and another rubber band attempt.
Then Alyssa got really creative and won the egg coloring contest of 2011. (I didn't even know we were having a contest and I'm sure the kids didn't either) She did this one with painters tape and patience. Slowly covering the egg and dipping it in colors ranging from yellow to purple until it was finished.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Loving the pictures and the commentary, but want to see some of the "official final shots" of the kissy couple. Also loving the Easter eggs, especially the very colorful one, that had to have taken a lot of patience. And Kelsie, way to go on the bicycle kick, that is Tyler's life goal, learning how to do a bicycle kick. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sure do love reading your blogs. Keep them coming.