Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lucy's big Halloween outing

I have always thought that people who dressed their pets were weird. I still do but I guess I am now one of those weirdos, at least by default. It was turning out to be a typical October where we didn't really pay much attention to the coming holiday. We still had to buy pumpkins but felt no big rush to do so. I was at work minding my own business while the girls went shopping for costumes to wear. Alyssa has a dance and group date the Saturday before and was trying to find a costume that would fit the theme. You will see it later.Kelsie decided she wanted to be a Hombre. I think that's what you would call her. I still can't fathom how she came up with that. I'm sure I have heard the story it just still baffles me. Anyway I came home thinking it would be a normal day when down the stairs comes this unholy abomination, and she had a bat costume on. Sorry, Lucy is not an unholy abomination, unless you count the time she peed at the top of the stairs, shredded a roll of toilet paper or ate Kelsie's earphones.
Now I am one of "those people". Look at her, bat wings bent at some pathetic angle, I mean how is a bat supposed to fly with those things. And how about that hat, one ear growing out the top of her head and the other coming out of her cheek?


Poor thing doesn't even know how goofy she looks. All the other dogs are going to make fun of her. Probably treat her like a fire hydrant. Oh well, let's go parade her up and down main street and get this over with.



I suddenly don't feel so bad. I'm sure they are telling horror stories about having to wear such a thing. I'm sure the next dog is going to make her cry.




What the what? No laughing? It doesn't even have a costume on and it seems curious, even friendly. I'm sure the kids will start making fun of her.




Then again, maybe not. You gotta hand it to this kid for walking this far with that costume. Gotta be one of the most creative one I have seen all day.




I think this one is probably the scariest one I have seen today. But this is Spanish Fork, I'm sure we will see something that will make us stop dead in our tracks.




I am at a loss for words. I'm thinking no one will even notice the bat-dog at the end of the leash.




A striped cat? You dressed up your dog as a cat? Have you no morals? Come along bat-dog, this guy is clearly warped.




And here is Alyssa. It was one of those murder mystery get together things and the theme was the 20's? I know, scary huh? This is her flapper girl outfit.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for being upset at dressing a dog up. I'm surprised Lucy wasn't upset. Love the Flapper and hombre.

Kelli said...

Rob, I love your posts! I laughed really hard at the couple, what would you title that costume? Can't wait to see what Lucy is next year!