The end of another year so that means I have to get this final post in before midnight. We have a lot to cover so lets get to it.
Kelsie is still determined to steal Shawn Whites claim to snowboarding greatness so back up the mountain we went. I stayed safely at the bottom and took some pictures, I don't get injured when I take pictures, usually.
There she goes, up the mountain with a total stranger. Meanwhile I stayed in the lodge drinking hot chocolate and reading a book whike talking to total strangers, just like mom used to do.
Here she is displaying her shredding skills.
Next up, this Christmas thing we do every year. This year we have another entity in the house to get presents for. She was excited for the chicken she got.
I had the usual difficulty getting my presents opened but with some perseverance i was able to finally rip that blasted paper.
Now I can feel like I belong in Spanish Fork with official high school colors. See how excited I am?
I also got a brand new Ferrari (some assembly required). Still, It's fun to tell people I got a new Ferrari for Christmas.
Lonna also was welcomed in to the city with her own set of school colors. She's excited, she doesn't like to show it as much.
Like most 1 year old's (or in her case 7 year old's) Lucy found that she liked the packaging that the presents came in rather than the gift itself.
Or, didn't like the packaging since she shredded it to pieces and attacked each piece of wrapping paper that came her way.
Kelsie knows how to show exaggerate excitement.
Now she can tell her friends that she got a new Mustang, which by the way she did to her friend and they ended up cruising by the house a couple of times to see if they could see it in the driveway.
Tandem exaggerated excitement. We're getting this thing down to a science.
Alyssa was excited to get another Star Wars present, Lucy had to check out Darth to see if he might dispense anything other than a gumball.
Lucy's turn again? How many gifts does she need?
She showed us a new method of opening gifts, I might try this next year.
Part of the Christmas festivities is the annual gingerbread house build off. This years entries: from Alyssa we have her vision of the future. The golfer with an SUU shirt on, a golf bag made out of rice krispie treats complete with a driver and 2 fairway woods and a pro shop boldly hoping for an early spring thaw. It says "Let it Melt" on the roof.
Entry number 2 from Kelsie. What else would you expect? It's a winter wonderland at Sundance ski resort. Notice the snowboarder at the end of the pretzel lift line with saltine chair lifts. Notice all the snow on the ground? I think this Sundance has more snow than the real Sundance.
Finally the big Christmas/Dad's birthday party. This is Dad's cake, 77 cupcakes all made by Sherry. I'm going to enter her in cupcake wars, the mint cupcakes were divine.
You know me, had to get the artsy picture for the coffee table book.
Blake and Steve were given the honor of lighting the candles, and one cupcake wrapper. After 77 candles it starts to get kinda hot in there.
There he is with his towering inferno.
Last year, if you remember, we had a candy bar/gift card swap, this year we did the same but this time Sherry read the left right story and added a few extra lefts and rights just to really mix up the gifts. Afterwards my life long dream was fulfilled, 40 some odd years of blood, sweat and tears but mostly just tears and little to no blood and I sweat a lot because I'm fat so in reality not a lot of real effort was put into it from me, I was finally recognized for my musical contribution.
My first gold record. I would like to thank the academy, my agent and all the little people that made this possible. Actually I would like to thank Steve and Judy for putting this together. They got some help from Alyssa and Kelsie. They knew this is as close to a gold record I would ever get.
Kelsie is still determined to steal Shawn Whites claim to snowboarding greatness so back up the mountain we went. I stayed safely at the bottom and took some pictures, I don't get injured when I take pictures, usually.
There she goes, up the mountain with a total stranger. Meanwhile I stayed in the lodge drinking hot chocolate and reading a book whike talking to total strangers, just like mom used to do.
Here she is displaying her shredding skills.
Next up, this Christmas thing we do every year. This year we have another entity in the house to get presents for. She was excited for the chicken she got.
I had the usual difficulty getting my presents opened but with some perseverance i was able to finally rip that blasted paper.
Now I can feel like I belong in Spanish Fork with official high school colors. See how excited I am?
I also got a brand new Ferrari (some assembly required). Still, It's fun to tell people I got a new Ferrari for Christmas.
Lonna also was welcomed in to the city with her own set of school colors. She's excited, she doesn't like to show it as much.
Like most 1 year old's (or in her case 7 year old's) Lucy found that she liked the packaging that the presents came in rather than the gift itself.
Or, didn't like the packaging since she shredded it to pieces and attacked each piece of wrapping paper that came her way.
Kelsie knows how to show exaggerate excitement.
Now she can tell her friends that she got a new Mustang, which by the way she did to her friend and they ended up cruising by the house a couple of times to see if they could see it in the driveway.
Tandem exaggerated excitement. We're getting this thing down to a science.
Alyssa was excited to get another Star Wars present, Lucy had to check out Darth to see if he might dispense anything other than a gumball.
Lucy's turn again? How many gifts does she need?
She showed us a new method of opening gifts, I might try this next year.
Part of the Christmas festivities is the annual gingerbread house build off. This years entries: from Alyssa we have her vision of the future. The golfer with an SUU shirt on, a golf bag made out of rice krispie treats complete with a driver and 2 fairway woods and a pro shop boldly hoping for an early spring thaw. It says "Let it Melt" on the roof.
Entry number 2 from Kelsie. What else would you expect? It's a winter wonderland at Sundance ski resort. Notice the snowboarder at the end of the pretzel lift line with saltine chair lifts. Notice all the snow on the ground? I think this Sundance has more snow than the real Sundance.
Finally the big Christmas/Dad's birthday party. This is Dad's cake, 77 cupcakes all made by Sherry. I'm going to enter her in cupcake wars, the mint cupcakes were divine.
You know me, had to get the artsy picture for the coffee table book.
Blake and Steve were given the honor of lighting the candles, and one cupcake wrapper. After 77 candles it starts to get kinda hot in there.
There he is with his towering inferno.
Last year, if you remember, we had a candy bar/gift card swap, this year we did the same but this time Sherry read the left right story and added a few extra lefts and rights just to really mix up the gifts. Afterwards my life long dream was fulfilled, 40 some odd years of blood, sweat and tears but mostly just tears and little to no blood and I sweat a lot because I'm fat so in reality not a lot of real effort was put into it from me, I was finally recognized for my musical contribution.
My first gold record. I would like to thank the academy, my agent and all the little people that made this possible. Actually I would like to thank Steve and Judy for putting this together. They got some help from Alyssa and Kelsie. They knew this is as close to a gold record I would ever get.
2 comments:
You make me jealous wishing I could be there! Looking forward to a whole new year of posts!
Thanks for all the pictures. I'm just glad the house didn't catch fire along with the cupcake paper.
Post a Comment