Sunday, April 15, 2012

A weekend away

I am falling way behind with this blog thing. I think I will blame it on this harsh, cold winter we had this year, I think it froze my brain and my creative lobe. We had the opportunity to go down to Bryce Canyon a while ago for a 90th birthday party for G-ma Carole's mom. She decided she had enough birthdays (89 of them) and wanted to go home instead. We still had a birthday party for her, sang the Happy Birthday song for her as family and friends as a send off back to her Heavenly Father. I didn't take any pictures at the funeral, I left that to Mike, and just sat back and enjoyed listening to all the stories of this woman I only met a few years ago. I really didn't even start taking pictures until the morning we left to go back. We saw this half plane pull in to get gas. We figure it must have come from the air show.



Ruby's has this little town across the street where you can walk and shop as if you were magically transported back to a real western town except this town shuts down during the winter months and the only residents are these faceless zombies with giant holes in their heads just standing there. We had fun lining up our own faces to get these funny pictures.




Look! I'm an ornery cowboy. I'll shoot anyone who gets too close to my girl!




Yes. Sometimes I just like to embarass myself. Or am I embarassing my kids? Hmmmm.




It's strange that Lonna and Kelsie are happy to be locked up. I of course am sad because I know how it is living with 3 females in a house, how am I going to manage a jail cell, and where is the toilet?




Poor zombie horse.




Possible Christmas card photo except I seem to keep getting this fat guy with a goofy grin showing up in the pictures. My camera settings must be off, I'll have to look into that.




This is probably a better representation of the family. Maybe I will sneak this one onto the Christmas card.




Alyssa is taking donations to the "buy Alyssa this beat up car so it can sit in my parents driveway" fund. She is also taking donations to the "give Alyssa money just because" fund. In fact I think everyone has a fund just like it.




We finally escaped the ghost town and started to drive home but we were distracted by the pretty colored rocks of Red Canyon so we stopped. We wanted to go into Bryce Canyon but it was really windy at the inn and knew it would probably be windy in the park so we stopped and pretended this was the same thing. Here are all the kids. I think it's funny how we count Kenzi and Daniel as kids.




Every national park should have a team of security.








Kelsie is still in the "planking" fad. I have a bunch more of her planking other stuff. One should be plenty.




Looks like I fixed my camera. This one should be filed under my album covers file.




Aww man! It's back. Oh well. I'll just have to live with it. Another album cover photo, kind of.




See how talented Kelsie is, she placed that rock on top of that spire, the park rangers will be so proud of her.








Like a true teenager, looking for wifi everywhere she goes.




3 comments:

Kelli said...

Glad you're back! I love the pictures, even the ones with that funny guy in the background!

Tonya C. said...

Love the pix! I was able to find a fix for my camera so that there are no pictures of the short-haired fat lady in our Spring Break photos!

Anonymous said...

I happen to love the funny guy you put in your pictures, keep putting him in. Love the other 3 also. Fun vacation.