Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our creative side

We acquired a gingerbread house the other day and decided to let the girls go crazy and have fun putting it together. We also thought this would give us some peace for a while as they got creative. I know what you are thinking. This first picture is Kelsie's side of the house. This is the side that Alyssa decorated, complete with Santa falling off the roof. She obviously got the idea from Steve's blog and would have been more creative but we didn't have any red frosting. For extra points you can tell me what is wrong with the house. Alyssa thinks it cements my loserdom in the teen community. Man, I'm never gonna be cool.


5 comments:

Steve said...

Berrett and Lia think that the tree is backwards. I think that that is just a matter of perspective. Of course, it's missing the gingerbread people in the backyard, but I did notice a couple of trees getting kind of chummy.

In my opinion, Santa got himself up on the housetop (click, click, click) and was so shocked that there was no chimney that he lost his footing, creating the drama that we are witnessing in still life (Santa with Bowl of Mixed Fruit).

When Ethan sees this, my assumption is that he will say that it's missing the RPG and terrorists.

Balancing out the family opinions, Judy think it's beautiful (especially Kelsie's much calmer side).

Grammy Rae said...

That was a great idea to let personalities show in a simple gingerbread house.

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sherry said...

mmmmm I don't see anything wrong with the house. I love gingerbread houses, expecially the red brick road leading up to the door. :)

Rob said...

I didn't think it was such a big deal but Alyssa thought I must be crazy. If you look closely you can see that the side of the roof that Santa is sliding down is on upside down. I know, not such a big deal but Alyssa has assured me that I will not be asked to roof the house anytime soon.