Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gentlemen, start your grills!

I feel it is well past grilling season despite the weather this week. Saturday was a nice day so the girls decided to talk me into making my world famous "messy burgers" to officially ring in this festive season. These have become one of the girls favorites, below is Alyssa's burger measuring just under 4". If you look closely you can see the pepper jack cheese oozing out the side. Alyssa talked me into stuffing them with jalapenos this time instead of green chilies, Kelsie and I don't have the gastinal fortitude to handle the jalapenos so we just stuck with the cheese. Kelsie just doesn't like that much heat and I was already working on a good case of heartburn. Sunday we were hoping that the storm would hold off long enough to grill some steaks but the snow came pretty quick so we had to settle for some stupid recipe I found in the paper. It didn't turn out, of course. I think the gods of dinner were just as upset about not being able to grill as I was.

I posted a video of Kelsie doin her thing on the ripstik (see Alyssa? I spelled it the right way). She is getting really good at it.

6 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

Do you do great things with chicken? Does Kelsie also snowboard?

Anonymous said...

We would love to come over for a good hamburger some time. Without the hotstuff. Good going Kelsie.

sherry said...

Both girls went way beyond the call of duty. I am impressed. And yes, next bbq we are having Rob do messy burgers...YUMMY

Steve said...

The small picture doesn't do your burger justice. I had to zoom in to see the cheese you stuffed in the burger and that the pasta salad wasn't kimchi. (Would you serve kimchi with burgers, Rob?)

I'm going to have to try them some time. But "Gentlemen, start your grills!"? Mine never goes into storage. I've often grilled in snowstorms. That way my dinners always turn out great.

Rob said...

Yes! Yes I would serve them with kimchi,and you Steve are a master griller. My hat is of to you.

Kelli said...

Rob with these burgers and my chipotle baked beans we'd have a cookout supreme. When are you coming to Chicago??? - Steve G