Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas 2009 episode 1: The Wrath of Santa

Sunday was the annual Christmas party at Larry and Carole's. This is our first sighting of Santa as he brings the kids a "teaser" gift to get them ready for the main event. It's also a good opportunity for the parents to see what kind of mood Santa is in so they can decide what quality of cookies to set out. He might get chocolate chip.After dinner (one of the largest sandwiches I have ever seen. I thought a six foot sandwich would fall short of feeding all of us, didn't realize it was also six inches tall) came time for everyone to get their cameras ready, or cell phones if you are a teen because it's just nerdy to carry a camera too.
Can you just feel the excitement in the air? I didn't think Santa did either, he had to walk back out the door and make us sing a better song before he would agree to give out gifts.
There he is with Mrs. Clause. Notice he makes her carry the bag full of toys. Way to go Santa! You are my hero. (Yes I know how much trouble this last line will get me into. Gotta be a rebel once in a while.)
Remember Shin from the Thanksgiving post? Sure you do. This would be Shin's first American Christmas, it would prove to be just as weird as Thanksgiving.
As fate would have it, he was the first to get to sit on Santa's lap. I don't know about you guys but he looks like he's a little worried about this strange fat guy with the funny beard. Shin quickly got the hang of the whole thing and asked for a T.V. and a truck.
Devin asked for the usual boy stuff like worms, frogs and a G.I Joe. I may have heard it wrong though so don't take my word for it.
Kelsie ended up asking for the usual things. Umm's. Santa is still not clear what an "umm" is but has promised to bring Kelsie one in every color.
I'm pretty sure that's not an "umm".
Alyssa will kill me for this picture. I like it. I forget what was so funny, she will remind me later after she gets over the picture. If she gets over it.
Alyssa was ready for her turn on Santa's lap this year. Last year she asked for new knees that worked properly. Although they are good enough to play basketball, when wrapped in braces, they are not by any means normal. She added to her list a new shoulder this year thanks in part to a mean Bingham player on Saturday.
Kenzi asking for something girly, like flowers or something like that.
Brandi, aka "Brat" as Santa likes to call her, is in the middle of explaining how she was only responsible for 2 wrecks, the other 12 were not her fault.
Now for the big present opening. All the kids had to wait until all the presents were handed out this year, mean huh? Sounds like something I would do.
Rae Anne. This is proof that it is not just you, she does this to me too, I can make her regret it by posting it on the blog. He he he
This kid gets more and more perplexing. Drawing a pumpkin with a big eye in the middle and a huge skull? And now she's excited about a stuffed shark?
If you have been paying attention you probably have seen a few SFSSS's. (Spanish Fork School Spirit Scarfs) Kelsie is proudly displaying her scarf with pride.
After Santa leaves, the kids get presents from G-pa and G-ma. First they have to sit through the left/right game. When they opened the boxes they all got coal. No, I don't think Shin understood the meaning.
Alyssa explaining how cool her game is to Kenzie.
Kelsie was excited for Lego Rock Band. Good thing they took their DS's with them.
Give a kid a game and what do they do? Duh, they play it. At least it keeps them quiet for a while. So what do you do when it's quiet and the party winds down?
Take artsy fartsy pictures of the tree, that's what.

3 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

Fun. I like how festive your parties are. We don't get to enjoy those parties. Alyssa, way to go! I enjoy seeing you give your dad as hard a time as you give me. Merry Christmas all.

Kelli said...

Looks like lots of fun! Merry Christmas!

sherry said...

What a fun party and fun people. Merry Christmas can't wait to see your family on Sunday!