Monday, February 22, 2010

Learning Opportunities

I looked back and saw that I had a bunch of posts about basketball and decided that I just couldn't let it be over so I have one more for you. I realized that Kelsie has not had as many pictures of her games in the blog because when you only play one game a week and your sister plays 4 you tend to get a little overshadowed. Unless you are the unfortunate subject of one of Dad's "artsy fartsy" moments. This is my attempt to let Kelsie shine in all of her basketball awesomeness.
This is the team picture. 3 girls didn't show up and the coach wasn't even there. Learning opportunities girls, learning opportunities.
This is the last game of the regular season. There is another game next week but after sticking it out week after week, going to practices when other girls don't and faithfully going to each game even when you are pretty sure you are going to just get creamed, we thought it would be o.k. to skip the last game for a young women's retreat. Just make sure you wear your lucky socks.
Here's some more of Kelsie's mad dribbling skills.

Taking a break while the coach plays the girl who never comes to practice and always shows up late. This may be another reason she is done with basketball for the year. Learning opportunities kiddo.
Back in action, dig the lucky socks. Alyssa collects belts. Kelsie? Socks.
This is what I love about girls basketball at this age. Lining up the teams to decide who is going to guard who. Imagine this happening in the pros, both teams lining up across from each other waiting for the coach to tell them who to guard. "Now Kobe, I want you to try and keep this guy away from the ball, stick to him like glue." At this age they can only play man to man and not zone.
This is one of the best games they had, it even went into overtime. I like the score, 13 - 13, this is the most they have scored in a long time.


Another great picture of the socks. Way to go Kelsie, I'm glad you stuck with it. Learning opportunities.

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

I love the socks!! I'm like Kelsie. Give me the socks that have some personality. Keep up the good work Kelsie.

Kelli said...

Where do you find socks like that? They are awesome! Great job Kelsie (on basketball and the socks!)

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Kelsie. Love the socks.

sherry said...

I once again did not make it to any games. Don't give up because I will be there someday. Would love to see you fun around in the socks!