I know, I know, I know, I haven't posted anything for a while. People are starting to comment or at least strongly hint that they enjoy reading the blog but they would enjoy it more if I would post something new. Here is the something new, although it does have to do with basketball. I know, I told you that basketball was over, done, kaput, finished, dead in the water but I forgot about the team banquet after the season is over banquet, thing. This is when they spotlight the players and their achievements.

Alyssa received 2 certificates. The first one is for participation for the season. This is the warm fuzzy they give to all the players that actually survive til the end of the season without either quitting or attempting to hire Guido to "make it look like an accident". I think we came close to each of these scenarios but thankfully saw it to the end.

The other certificate is for academic excellence. To me this means that she was the smartest player on the team. Not only can she dribble a basketball and reject your pathetic attempt at 2 points, but she can also maintain A's in school while doing it. I think this one means the most to me.

This last picture? Oh, this is just comic relief. I like to try leaving you with a reason to laugh out loud when reading my silly little blog so here it is. This is my latest attempt, and failure. Oatmeal cinnamon cookies, they sounded good to me so I made them. Did you know that if you put too much sugar in the recipe that the cookies will melt down to flat discs and stick to the pan? Weird huh?
4 comments:
Congrats Alyssa. Academic IS the best award to get. How many athletes can get good grades and still make it to practice. You go Girl......Cookies....look like mine ;(
It is a true accomplishment to do all that a sport requires and on top of that stay on top of your grades. Good skills!! I'm sure Lonna loves that you cook, because I know many of your concoctions are truly delicious.
So proud of you Alyssa, especially the academic part. Most cookies still taste good even if they don't look so good.
Congratulations Alyssa you are awesome! And, I am with Mom, I don't care what the cookies look like either, usually they are still yummy!
Post a Comment