Friday, August 19, 2011

This should get us through July

Spanish Forkians celebrate the 4Th but the big day for them is the 24Th. Fiesta Days is the city's big shebang. Jenni brought her kids up from Arizona which made the week leading up to Fiesta days even shebangier. Before they went home I took Jacob and Kati golfing at Sleepy Ridge in Orem. Alyssa came along also because, well, it's golf. I loaded the camera in my bag so I could get some pics of the kids golfing but forgot I even had it with me until we reached the last hole.


Jacob actually has a pretty good swing and hit the ball pretty good even if he was handicapped by having to use a crappy set of Shopko clubs. I think this was the first time he has ever had to play with steel shafts. I should have had him use the even older set in the shed, the woods are made of wood.


Kati proved to be an exceptional driver. She had absolutely no desire to hit a stupid white ball with a dumb stick.


I made her drive Alyssa around. They seemed to have fun.


I wish I had a better camera at the time that got lots of frames per second and showed you a sequence of pics. Alyssa was too fast for me anyway and this is the best I could get. Her drive? Straight down the middle. I guess I should be happy that she isn't sticking her tongue out at me.





I reported once before on our yearly tradition of stuffing ourselves silly with samples at the taste of Utah. This year it was moved to the Riverwoods shopping place. I think it worked out better because it was more spread out but you still had to wait in long lines for the popular places.


One of the shops is Blickenstaffs. It's this big toy store with candy and some specialty items like hats and masks. Hard to pass up putting on a funny mask.


Every once in a while you have to sit and rest from all the sample snarfing, this gives you a moment to plan your next attack to avoid needless extra steps and make sure you hit the drink samples at key moments.


It got pretty crowded but was much more manageable.


Even the missionaries came.


One of the big attractions is the car show at the park. This gives fancy car owners the right to drive on the lawn without getting in trouble. It gives the rest of us a chance to wish we had the means to be able to get a cool car so that we too could drive on the lawn once a year.



As I walked through I could see cars that seemed to fit some of our personalities. This screams Kelsie to me. If we lived near an ocean I'm sure that one day Kelsie would have a VW bus with some surfboards tied to the roof spending her days at the beach. The best we have is a mountain with snow for a few months of the year that she can go snowboarding.



You might mistakenly think that this would be something I would covet, desire, long for? This however is something Alyssa would love to own. She loves old trucks. So if you have one just lying around let her know, she will come over and take it off you hands. I think it's a secret desire to move to a small Oregon town and meet a vampire. She would probably kick him in the shins and call him a whiny butt.


I guess I could have driven my car on the lawn also. I wonder if it won any awards.


This would be more my style. Probably because of an old ZZ Top video when I was in my teens with the dweeby gas station guy jumping in the car with the chicks driving a car similar to this one. Ahhh music videos.


This ones for you dad.



3 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks for the update Rob, love the golf shots.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures and comments. Your Dad will love the vehicles.

The Ascanios said...

Always an entertaining narrative. From RaeAnne not Marissa, too tired to log out.