Friday, August 26, 2011

My first attempt at wedding photography

We had a few big occasions happen this year. 2 weddings and a funeral to be precise. The first wedding was Jerid and Ashley's. For those of you who don't know, Jerid is Jerry and Terri's son. And for those of you who are still scratching your heads, Terri is one of Carole's daughters. If you are still lost, Carole is married to Larry. Lonna's dad? If you are still lost then I can't help you, but feel free to stick around and look at the pictures, some are kinda good.We got there early to get a good seat. Since we were on the grooms side we got the black chairs. I thought this would be a good time to let Kelsie get some practice with the camera just in case this whole family photography business get successful. So I gave her the camera and told her to just have fun, go crazy, it's digital so I can just delete it if it doesn't turn out.

This is what I got. Apparently she likes her feet. She took some other pictures also. I wanted her to take some of the ceremony but she felt like she wasn't ready for that yet.


She also likes lights.




And shrubbery with candles.


And black bows.



I felt I had to push her out of her comfort zone so I made her take a picture of us. I know, it's a shame that fat guy is in front, totally ruined the picture.



The ceremony was about to start and Kelsie was getting worried so I took the camera back to get some more crowd shots. I stuck with the crowd I was familiar with.



The bishop got up and told the fat guy to sit down so I took a picture of him too, after I sat down.



The dj's started the traditional music and we all got excited. Here comes the groom.



This is Brandi, Jerid's sister. You should know who Jerid is by now, I'm not going over it again. Click on the picture to enlarge it. Is it me or does she look like she's sticking her tongue out at someone?



From left to right. Bishop so and so, Jerid, Terri, Jerry, two people I have no idea who they are.



There's the bride.



And the moment everyone is waiting for, the big kiss.







After the ceremony we found a table to wait for the dinner to start. This is when I start to add to my collection I like to call "Artsy Table". This time I have subjects. Let's try to see what they are thinking. Let's try Kenzi first. She's obviously thinking " how many more days until it's my turn?" I'm pretty sure she had the exact time down to the second but I didn't want to take the time to figure it out for you.



More scenes from "Artsy Table". I should look into publishing a coffee table book.



You would all buy one right?



Mike got a hold of the camera. Can you see the worry on my face? Just kidding Mike. I think I will print this one out as our family picture to put on mom and dad's wall.



Nope. Too smiley, we should go with the last one.



This is the line for the dinner. It was really good and creative. They put mashed potatoes in a martini glass and had a place where you could put stuff on top like it was an ice cream sundae...only not. During the ceremony and reception they had a photo booth where you could get a strip of pictures taken. 2 would print out so the idea was that you kept one and the other you put in a box for the bride and groom. Kinda like a photo line up so they could prove you were there or not. The following pictures are the ones we took. We may have gone overboard a little.















Yep! Just a little.






1 comment:

Kelli said...

More! Where is the other wedding? Loved the pictures! Keep practicing and when my kids get married you can be their photographer!