Thursday, August 11, 2011

Long awaited pictures

Since the invitations have gone out and the big day is this week I finally decided to post some of the engagement pictures that we took. I think we took close to 200 pictures so if you really want to see all of them...too bad. O.K., maybe if you catch me when I have my cool Darth Vader usb drive with me then I will show you the rest of them. Now before we get started I want you to imagine how good the pictures look after Alyssa fixes them in Photoshop. All of these are just as they were taken. That means Alyssa make me look even better.I was surprised this one turned out. It's colorful, kinda fun. Makes me hungry.


Spanish Fork, for those not familiar with the town, has an old sugar factory with some really cool places to take pictures if you like old bricks and stuff. You are not supposed to go in the buildings so don't tell anyone we did.




I guess they also sell mulch now. And it's this cool red color and made for a nice background. I also made them kiss alot, they didn't seem to mind that part so much.


More "illegal" inside the barn pictures. Once they loosened up a bit it got easier to take some fun pictures.



I'm still surprised how well my camera and I got along that day.




Un-posed candid shots are the funnest.






I learned a lesson during this shoot (listen to me, I sound like I think I know what I'm talking about) always make sure the ring is centered properly on the finger and is prominently showing.




Honestly I just about had to smack him. It took 6 shots until he gave me the "surprised" look I was asking for. Looking back now he was probably just wanting her to kiss him some more. Wish I had thought of that when we got our engagement pictures taken. Come to think of it, he didn't even tell us to kiss once. In fact I don't even think he tried to get a single un-posed candid shot, just the standard "stand here like this and you here, now smile. O.K. we're done." Man we got ripped off.



I don't usually take butt pictures. You could think of it as that picture they take that makes you think they are just starting off on a long journey together, kinda like if they were on a railroad track and had this long walk to go on hand in hand. Seriously this looks like they are about to go do some farming together. I hope she lets him drive the tractor, I've seen her drive.


Not sure what Daniel was doing here. By the way, for those of you who may not know, this is Daniel.


Fish face? I don't recall telling you to make a fish face.




After we got tired of the sugar factory, and because it was threatening to rain, and i was worried they would find out we went inside a building, we went out to Salem where they have these train cars just sitting in a field by some cows. No tracks around that I could see, just sitting in a field, by some cows.


Between this one and the picture above, I'm starting to worry a little.



Always remember to center the ring. The blurry thing worked out pretty good. I may try it again some time.



Candid shots rule.



We wanted to Photoshop something above the window like "Love Train" or "Honeymoon Express" or or "We're so broke this is the only thing we could afford". I'm sure you can think of some good ones yourself.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take awesome pictures, but of course you had a goodlooking couple to take them of. I like the first picture too. Yum Yum.

Kelli said...

Well done Photographer! You took some awesome pictures, I have been waiting impatiently to see them!

Steve said...

Considering all of the engagement pictures I have worked with, and it's been a lot . . . more than 12 . . . I can tell you, it's all about the ring. The bride is in charge and she has two things to show off: her fiance and the ring, and anybody can be the fiance. The fiance is there because he has to be.

Other than that, I am very envious of you, first for your camera, and second that you know how to set up these shots. Good work.

sherry said...

Larry proposed to me with Peanut M & M's Fun!!