We were dancing when I abruptly left. For some reason Blogger dropped a few of the pictures and it was late and I was too tired to fight it. Most people will agree that the servers at dinner are some of their favorite people of the entire cruise. We of course had an excellent crew. They kept us laughing and having fun the whole cruise. More on them later.
I added a few more pictures to my coffee table book.
That night's towel animal offering. This cruise used to go over to Mazatlan but has since stopped because of the violence. Probably the reason I never felt like I could let my guard down completely when we were in port. I just knew at any moment someone would jump out and try to steal the pretty girls. I myself felt like the chances of someone trying to steal a fat bald guy were pretty slim, too hard to carry and run at the same time. Instead of finding another city to stop at they take you out to sea that night and make a big circle so the next morning you end up back in Cabo.
So here we are back in Cabo. This time we went walking with Jenni and company into the town again. Lonna and I felt like the culture shock from yesterday had worn off, also it seemed like the street vendors eased up a little. The kids wanted me to take a picture of the giant lobster.
For some reson I wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe. It wasn't too far and it gave me the opportunity to...
Make a complete fool of myself. See, vacation face. I told you I had it on.
By this time we were so thirsty we found the first cold wet drink we could. Yes, we traveled 3000 miles just to get a drink at Burger King. By this time I was ready to risk the ice, besides I was told ice at these places was safe. I'm sure this made the taquilla shop owners furious.
One thing I did like about Cabo and Mexico in general was the colorful buildings. I woder if I could paint our house orange?
My other stop was a photo op at the Cabo Wabo cantina. It's owned by Sammy Hagar for those of you with a love of rock guitar gods and past Van Halen lead singers. Yes, we walked numerous blocks just to get a picture in front of a place we had no intetion of going in to.
After walking around a little more we stopped to do some shopping. I quickly found that I am horrible at barganing. Maybe it was my vacation face?
Then it was back to the ship. On our way back we almost ran over some crazy wave runners, then we noticed it was Kati and Jacob so instead of swearing at them we just laughed.
That night we found this guy hanging from the lights. Someone at work showed me how to make a towel monkey once. He used to make them for his patients so when they woke up in the morning they would have this towel animal. Mine ended up looking like a dead chicken so I decided I might not want to do this for my patients, they might get the wrong idea.
Later that night we gathered on the Lido deck for some party. Hey! You are in Mexico, how could you possibly be cold and need a blanket?
It started out with line dancing. Once again I was glad to be the photographer. By the way, did you ever see those comercials where the family goes on a cruise and the daughter sees her dad dancing and her gum pops in her face?
Well I got feeling that the kids would go home and tell their friends that their dad was some boring old stick in the mud so I went out there to see if I could get them to have the same reaction. Too bad they weren't chewing gum.
It's also too bad that I put the camera down too close to Jenni. It's also too bad that they had a camera guy out there filming people and showing it on the big jumbotron for everyone to see, like said sister with said camera.
2 comments:
We should have come! If only to see you dance! Looks like a blast I am jealous now!
Awe way to much fun!!!..... I didn't know you could bust a move...Good job Rob.
Post a Comment