Thursday, June 14, 2012

Moon, awards and graduation

I am getting really bad at keeping this thing up to date. I feel that all of my posts should be titled "Ketchup", or possibly "Catsup" or is it "Catchup"? Remember that one Sunday when shadows just didn't seem right and the light was weird? We knew it was the eclipse and we started to make a box to see the cool shadows when Paula called and told us to come see the eclipse through some tinted glass like the cool people do. Here is what it looked like with a tint of 10 (?) whatever that means.

Here is one with just one of the pieces of glass, I know, I took a risk but it got a cool reflection of the moon and an eerie swamp like glow.


On to awards. Kelsie got a bunch of awards on one of the last days of school. The one she was most proud of was the 100% attendance for the year. That makes it 3 years in a row. One of the other recipients was not in attendance, does she still get the award? I took some pictures, or at least tried to, but I couldn't get Kelsie to remember to face me when she got up on the stage so all I was able to get is a line of kids facing the wrong way. I was able to get this picture of a tape snowboarder. Kelsie was the model.


Kiwanis club gave out some "Hope of America" awards to 12 kids from each Jr high for writing an essay about how they will make America better or something like that.


Here is most of the group, the kids from Diamond Fork had to leave early for an orchestra concert. I guess they wont be much hope for America if they can't stick around.


More Golf!!! The golf awards night was a BBQ at the pavilion by the high school. they had to have it there because with 16 girls, or somewhere around there, it was the only place big enough to hold everyone. I think Kelsie got outstanding freshman/little sister. She also lettered since she played in a varsity match.


Alyssa got her Academic All-American and also lettered since she played in all of the varsity matches.


This is the school assembly for the Academic All-Americans from the high school. Maybe she should have worn shorts? Or got an award for best dressed smartest athlete?


Seminary graduation. This is the entire stake. Well, not the ENTIRE stake, just the seminary graduates. That would be a small stake.


And her cheering section. For some reason they didn't let us cheer. Or use air horns.


The motley crew, all dressed up.


The big day finally came. we got some primo seats. I'll show you why later.


Meanwhile I was following Alyssa around stalking her best friend in order to get a picture. We walked all over on the floor, I was afraid some security dude would tackle me and demand to see my press pass. that would have been cool, I would have got some really neat pictures.


Ta dah! Here is the graduate. Now for the long walk.


Our school was strictly forbidden from any high jinks during graduation like everyone handing the principle a goldfish or something. They didn't even allow air horns or firecrackers. I hope I get them back. This is Mr McKee, the kids seem to like him. He gave a nice speech. The other guy talked for-ev-er.


This is where the primo seats came in handy, all the graduates have to make this big loop around so they have to walk right toward me. Here is Alyssa placing a hockey check on our old neighbor. She is one of the counselors at the school so that came in handy.


Grandparents


Shorter Grandparents


Same cheering section, minus my firecrackers.


I even got the right colors on.


3 years and we will be doing this again. It goes too fast.


She earned this.


This is my sad smooshy face.


3 comments:

Kelli said...

Those shots of the moon were awesome! And your girls are amazing! Congrats to both of them! We will see you all soon! (Just thought I would give you fair warning!)

Anonymous said...

Want to say congrats to two very awesome gals. So very proud of the both of you.

Grammy Rae said...

It's great to see all the wonderful things your girls have accomplished. I just wish I could be a bigger part of things. Congrats to all!