Friday, November 14, 2008

OK! Fine! It's the holidays

In my never ending quest to find fun family adventures, last night I took the family to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert at the E-Center. Their Christmas music has become a part of the very small collection of holiday music that I will actually look forward to hearing during the holidays. Now I know what you are thinking, it's too early to be doing anything Christmas related because we haven't even celebrated the "forgotten" holiday yet and I of all people get really perturbed when they start all the Christmas decorating and we haven't even eaten all our candy yet.

If anyone has experienced TSO (I know, this now makes me look like a snob) either in concert or by way of CD, you know how it is not your typical holiday "let's go carolling" song selection. TSO (Hey! The name is just too long to type every time) is part classical part rock arena festival show. I saw some previews and decided to buy tickets that would put us facing the front of the stage so we could experience the show head on in all it's splendor. Floor seats, 47 rows back. This was a good idea until the family from tall land sat right in front of us.

It wasn't much of a issue for me and Lonna and Alyssa were able to move back and forth to avoid the "talls" but poor Kelsie had to stand from time to time so she could see the stage. And if that weren't bad enough, Mr. Tall must have married someone from the land of Antsy Pants because their kid would not sit still. They finally were able to contain some of his energy with the i-phone games.


Midway through the concert we discovered that we were sitting next to a part of the stage that was set up near the back of the audience. This picture was taken by Alyssa (she wants me to make sure you all know who took the best picture of the night) with her camera phone, real cameras were forbidden. The kids seemed to have a good time, Kelsie asked this morning how far it was to Reno (the next show of the tour) and Alyssa is starting to save her money for next year. I'm sure we will go again, this time we will try to stay away from the "Talls".


7 comments:

sherry said...

Sounds like fun. I am already listening to the Lets go caroling type songs. They make me happy:)

Grammy Rae said...

I am jealous. Finally, we agree on music!

Jenni said...

They are here on the 12th of Dec. Come out!!!

Kelli said...

I thought you were the family from the land of "tall".

Tonya C. said...

Do you and Blake have the same genetic composition?? Maybe you can talk him in to planning something fun for me. I do all of the planning around here and most of it is met with a "no"...

Dawney said...

There are ALWAYS problems when the Talls and the Antsipants get together... :) ha ha

Snow Family said...

Gee, I hope I'm not included as one of the "Talls"!
I'm jealous that you guys christmas stuff starting, when it's 80 degress outside, it just doesn't seem right!