Saturday, November 8, 2008

Many thanks





I've found myself slowly creeping to the bottom of every one's list of blogs so I decided I had better get busy and post again. Sherry wanted some pictures of things that we are thankful for, and since I am thankful for many things, I have added many pictures. I have also asked everyone what they are thankful for and added them also.


Alyssa is thankful for the doctor because he told her that she didn't tear anything in her knee last Wednesday from an accident while playing basketball. (Just a sprained MCL) We have been trying to get the knee strong enough to tryout for the basketball team when her knee went out, again. This means that she won't be able to play for at least a month so the coach made her the team manager this year. Alyssa says that she is also thankful for the guy at the doctors office that gave her a better brace. We considered a picture of the doctor but it seemed a little too creepy







Kelsie is thankful for many things such as sleep, the house, books to read and her friends. She is also thankful for her 11 cows. Kelsie is just went to a seminar for the student council last week at B.Y.U. She just found out about being on the student council a couple of weeks ago. She got to listen to 6 different speakers, one of them was John Bytheway.




I am thankful for many things like sleep and houses and of course family, but since this blog has plenty of pictures of family, I am adding some different things. Like grapes, these were given to us by dad's neighbor. I always like free grapes because I can make them into grape juice.





I'm also thankful for being a larger person and sometimes intimidating nature for those times that I reveal my less manly skills like grape juice making. Also,thanks to mom for the use of her juicer.






This picture sums up some of the little things in life that I am thankful for. See, there is a book for reading. This happens to be a series about a group of kids that happen to have wings. Good books for young readers, very well written. The people at work are learning of my love for chocolate. This is from IKEA. Hey! It's good. Of course I have to have my music, it's more of a obsession. I like all kinds except rap and country. I am currently doing a paper on the benefits of music in healing. Found a great article on music and stroke victims. Lastly we have a puzzle. A puzzle? How weird. I love puzzles, it gives me a chance to sit down with Lonna and the kids for hours at a time where we can just be together and talk. Not so weird now huh?







It was a little harder to get Lonna to come up with something other than the usual family, health, a house to live in, those kind of things so I went with the first thing she said, Diet Coke. I think she got the idea from Sherry but it still works. So now Sherry has an excuse to put a picture of a coke can on her frame. I had to add the regular, much more tasty, better Coke to even things out.







3 comments:

Kelli said...

I want to come and do a puzzle with you too, sounds like fun! Love all of your thankful things.

sherry said...

An eleven cow women, way to go kelsi. Sorry about your knee lissa I hope you get better. You were thankful for the kid who gave you the brace. Was he cute??????

Grammy Rae said...

I love Maximum Ride! How is the new book?