Friday, March 20, 2009

It's been a while

I feel like I'm a slacker, I personally think there is a period of time when absolutely nothing of any great importance is happening and everything is still dead and brown except for the daffodils that think it's spring and make you realize that your going to have to get the stupid lawn mower out of the shed soon. Since I haven't been able to stage some family pictures yet (and I have some really awesome ideas too) there haven't been any new pictures taken unless you count the mid school year picture that they try to shame you into buying these days. I might have to copy the proof because Alyssa absolutely hates them so she wont let us order any.
So what new things have been happening in our house you might ask? Not much is new with Lonna and me. My class is on physical examination and last week I had to do a mental health exam on a friend over the age of 65 so naturally I went over to Mom and Dads house. I chose Mom since I new she would appreciate the whole nursing angle of the assessment. She of course did very well although math is not her strong point but that's OK, there's not much math in retirement. It went so quick I decided to do one on Dad, This one proved to be a little more entertaining because there are many times that I speak softly and knew I would have to repeat a few questions. Dad also did quite well.
Alyssa found out that track is not her best sport and had to drop it after a few days. She did do it long enough to sell about 16 boxes of cookies for the fundraiser and got a shirt for her efforts. We are currently waiting to hear if they are having a spring league for basketball, and of course we are trying to get some quality father/ daughter drive time in (if you are bald can you still pull your hair out?).
Kelsie has become an expert rip-sticker? Rip-stickian? Those skateboard things with only 2 wheels that seems to combine the art of skateboarding with some strange form of belly dancing. It seems like it would be a good way to lose weight and part of me, the ancient skateboarder in me that I thought died a long time ago, tells me to give it a try but them thankfully the nurse in me who has way too many stories of 40 year old patients thinking they were still teenagers pipes in and reminds me that it's a stupid idea. Can I lose weight by just watching her?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Take some pictures of the rip-sticker, I would really like to see that!
Got the CD, thank you Rob, I spent a good part of my afternoon looking through the pictures and having a good laugh!

Jenni said...

I want pics of you rip stickin'!! you are great Rob, please write everyday, love reading it. Thanks for the CD.