Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Superheros and Silly string

The intergalactic council on manliness called and informed me that I was in violation of one of the manly codes. It seems that when you look at some of the other blogs out there, they have their friends blogs on the side, much like mine, but theirs have a small picture to the side that updates when the blog is updated. Well they say that my oversight in allowing the picture of the rose to be said picture makes me less manly. So instead of editing the post I have decided to just make another post. This one will probably have someone wearing pink so the council will just have to live with it.

This last Saturday was the fun run for Paula, hence the superheros title and as you probably noticed, Alyssa is wearing a cape. The race started nice and early at Brockbank School and wound through town to Riverview School and back to Brockbank. Some of you might not know where exactly that is so I will paint a mental picture for you. Run from the first school going south, cross 3 fairly busy roads while trying not to get run over by a car, run around the second school and pick up a water bottle at the midway point from a grumpy looking cowboy dude and then try to make it back across the 3 streets and finish at the school you started at. At least this is how it was described to me because I couldn't make it. Oh now don't give me that, I was working. I gotta sleep sometime. Believe me, if I knew how my night would have gone on Saturday I would have called in sick.











A bunch of family and friends showed up to show their support and run/walk/ride or however you could make the 5K as long as it wasn't a car. See! They wouldn't have let me compete anyway.













Devin wants you to know how many laps he put on the next nearest runner, or is it what number muffin he is eating? I'm not sure.
I'm also not sure on the final count but it looks like it was a good turnout.













Some more familiar faces. They are kinda fuzzy though. The faces not the picture.







The superheros finishing the race.


















On to Silly string! The girls went to the dollar store to find stuff for girls camp and of course they came across the silly string section and being the big softy teddy bear that I'm told I am, I let them buy a couple of cans...each. I think I will just sit back and let you enjoy the show.















































5 comments:

Jenni said...

I wish we could have been there. We would have run! I would not however have participated in the silly string!!

Kelli said...

Looks like the 5K was a big success! And looks like the silly string was a hit too!
And for the record, I liked the picture of the rose...

Anonymous said...

I want to congratulate all those who ran. Maybe quite a few years ago I could have walked it, not now. I'm with Jenni, no silly string.

sherry said...

What!!!! I am totally into the Silly String....Watch out on the cruise!!!

Grammy Rae said...

I'll do the silly string for Jenni and she can do my running. Great supportive dad you are, Rob.