Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have started scanning all of our old pictures in to the computer. For many of these pictures it may be the first time they have seen the light of day, or artificial light of a scanner unit, in a long time. So far it has been fun to look back at how the girls have grown over the years. This is when we took the girls to temple square after Alyssa's baptism. I'm sure I will have many more of these fun pictures to post.
In the basketball world, Alyssa played 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter. She went right in and immediately got a rebound and blocked a pass. She later scored a basket which brought a rousing cheer from the crowd, probably louder than all the other baskets, (O.K. I yelled a little loud) and then continued her domination underneath the basket by some awesome displays of aggressive play (I feel sorry for the girl she kneed in the gut) by refusing to let go of the ball. Thankfully the knee is holding up.
Kelsie also started to play last week. Her first game was against a scrappy team from across town (her old school). Can I just tell you how fun and relaxing it is to watch 12 year old girls play basketball. I think it is enjoyable because you know that the refs are going to overlook the 5 steps taken before the ball is dribbled and the 3-4 slaps on the arm before the whistle is blown. For some reason I just love watching this age group play basketball. Kelsie also scored in her game, unfortunately I missed the basket by about 2 seconds while I was walking in the gym. Lonna tells me it was a spectacular sight although Kelsie probably shouldn't have hung on the rim as long as she did.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I really wish I could come and watch a game!!! Good luck girls! I want to see more of the old pictures of your girls, so cute!

Anonymous said...

We really enjoy hearing all the girls are doing. If they play on a Thur or Fri let us know.

sherry said...

Let me know too. I would love to see the Globe Trottin' girls in real life. I would pay big money to see Kelsie hang from the basket. Yes!!!

Grammy Rae said...

We need to get a game going with Whitni and the girls. The tall and the small.

Grammy Rae said...

We need to get Whitni and your girls together to play. The tall and the small.